Saturday, August 24, 2013

While In Rome...

Since becoming the companion of Jesus in 1995, virtually everything in my life has changed. That is how He is and Who He is.  He is the immovable one, the influencer. 

Yet after all these years, I still struggle with how that "change" in my life works. There are times, whether during temptation or simply in a self-taught response, that I feel like the "old" me. I feel no different than the way I was before He entered my life. But then I know, without knowing how, that I am different. Not because of any physical or spiritual change of my own, but because of a perspective He has shared with me. 

What used to be pleasure for me in this world, still at times looks appealing, but whatever is facing me in that moment, has new knowledge attached to it. It is His perspective, His way of seeing it.   ...and change is recognized. 

I am different because He is with me. I am no longer living independent from Him. He reveals and I see. What is more, it is not simply new knowledge, but Truth. It's how it really is. 

This is the Answer, Him, that our world is looking for. The answers are not morals, the inclusion of this, or the exclusion of that. There is no rule or law of righteousness apart from Him. It is only through Him that living rightly, to ourselves and to others, is found. 

Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment