Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Growing Pains

The phrase, growing pains, generally refers to the stage in human adolescence during which maturing / growing-up = aches / pains. 

...it comes to mind...  

Funny how we both begin and end this life with similar side effects. Maybe young and old have more in common than we realize.  Hmmm...  Another topic for another time...  Stay focused Jeremiah...

Growing pains...yes.  Most of the time, this phrase is applied to the physical body, but sometimes it is applied to our spiritual life. And rightfully so. After all, pain and the Christian life go hand in hand. At the center of the Christian message is an emblem of capital punishment.  The cross is not a guillotine, quick and efficient, it is a painful, prolonged, and messy business. ...yeah...the Christian life. 

Yet there is a side to spiritual growing pains that makes them doubly-painful - the process of growth not only pains the one growing, but everyone around them. Your pains pain me and my pains pain you. I know, *chuckle* growing pains are "a pain!"

So, with a strange sense of joyful acceptance, I smile and anxiously look to those around me. I'm ready to suffer with you (definition of compassion). 

And...  I also digitally pin this blog to be read by my some-day-future-church where I will learn how to pastor. God help them!  God help me!  Jesus, help us all. 

His Alone,

Jeremiah






No comments:

Post a Comment